Tuesday, March 02, 2010

February 2010

The second month of 2010 has been to say the least, tiring. It was a time of great change (for me especially), a time of stagnancy. A time of new friendships forged, a time of crumbling relationships. A time of fun, a time of stress and anxiety. Thank you, February.

01. ORIENTATION 2010, Mosaic. February marks the middle, and the end of Orientation at SAJC. It was truly a wonderful time, all thanks to the simply awesome people of OG8. From Weiren’s crazy enthusiasm for everything, to the seemingly berserk mass dance routines that had everyone’s feet on hot rocks. Thank you everyone, who made my start at SAJC undeniably absurd and fun.

02. NEW class. New people (duh). 10A04 wasn’t quite what I expected it to be, but its nonetheless a bunch of friendly people. Enough said.

03. THE start of lectures. Once again, this is a virgin experience. (Gosh, it seems that JC life is a complete culture shock) I was introduced to what seemed a relatively relaxed time-table of lectures (with the exception of the long days, though they are chock full of breaks), or so I thought, until we met the lecturers. Seeing them signaled one thing – it was now time to start being serious in my studies (or so the theory goes). I’ll try.

04. COUNCIL everything. Council Nominations, Council Interviews, Council Camp, and now, Council Campaigning (just a week before my MSAs, shit). Basically, apart from the Council Camp, everything went (and is going) smoothly here. Council Camp was a torture camp, and more. I’ll just leave it at that, lest I be barred from joining it.

05. REAL shit starts – Lectures + Tutorials. Not to mention a time-table that’s pretty messed up in just about every way (lack of breaks, ridiculously long breaks, two Literature tutorials in the same day etc.) Its time to work hard, MSAs are next week. Odd that tutorials only come a week before our tests. God help me, God help us.


Goodbye February, Hello March.