Saturday, April 03, 2010

Emptied to Be Filled Again to Be Emptied Again

This week was a terribly busy and tumultuous week, especially with long tiring days, painfully extended with Commendation rehearsals that stretch late into the night. (Okay, perhaps I am exaggerating a little here, it wasn’t that brutally painful.) The point is, Council Commendation rehearsals were draining and somewhat arduous. Especially because they took up a lot of time, and energy (I mean, in the form of sleep lost). Days turned to night, nights turned to mere hours, hours spent in repetition. Simply put, it emptied me.

Thursday was no different, long day, lethargic, especially. I think I spent at least 10 minutes of every lesson sleeping. I was hesitant to even go to school that day, but there were too many subjects for me to want to skip the day. Oh well, so I made my way to school, sore throat and all. AND THERE WAS A REHEARSAL! Goodness, I thought I’d never be able to make it to Life Concert at the rate we were going. But I thank Mr. C for being reasonable, and cutting rehearsal short, such that at the very least, we could attend half of the concert (beggars cannot be choosers eh?)

On to Life Concert, well in summary it was a deeply moving time. I’m not sure if it was the sensationalistic atmosphere (the lights, the speakers, the soothing music), but it definitely got me hyped up to thank God for the whole week, despite its ups and (mostly) downs. It also reminded me that God is truly good, that His love and grace is abundant and overflowing, that He never left me, even when I felt downtrodden and weary. I screamed my lungs out during the songs, my throat now aches, but it was all worth it.

On a related note to sore throats (well somewhat at least), there are quite a lot of councillors that are falling sick, due to exhaustion, and we have people with fevers, severe sore throats etc. Its time for prayer. Its time for God.

Well that’s about it for the week. Just one major event left (St. Hilda’s Secondary Band Concert) tonight. Ashley’s unable to make it, she’s down with a high fever. God be with her.