Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its My Birthday

Hmm so I’m now seventeen. That’s something new. Anyway, today was the first time I’ve been to church in two weeks (well the last week I was sick, so yeah). And because I’ve been away for so long, my church friends have yet to see my new pair of spectacles. And what a spectacle they deemed it to be. (Okay, granted they’ve only seen me in frameless spectacles, I’ve actually been wearing those sort of frames for at least 4 years). Got all sorts of comments. Interesting.


Anyway (gosh, I use a lot of this word). Right. Following that, cell with the kids was mildly odd. Perhaps it is because I’ve been away from church for so long, or something else. I’m not too sure myself. Or maybe because Ian (the life of the cell, my co-CM, he’s louder I guess) was not around. Bless him. But all went well. Samuel came to cell for the first time (I believe). Good for him.


Oh and my church friends were simply awesome today. If you’re reading this, do know, you’re awesome. Thanks for planning the whole surprise birthday thing. And the tiramisu cake, yeah it was nice, even though I’m not the biggest cake person (tiramisu’s an exception). And the breakfast Kristine prepared. Thanks! And to Phyllis, for the card, for everything else. Thanks.


After service, I went for lunch with the folks at Goodwood Park. Just some local buffet. Should have went for the English high-tea though, that seemed nicer. Oh well, next time. Its not too expensive anyway.


Oh and I’ve finally got a new pair of shoes. Though not the ones I initially wanted. My second pair of tigers. Yay.


Right. Finally but not least importantly, thanks be to God for creating me 17 years ago in my mother’s womb. Unless I’m adopted. Which I don’t think I am. Anyways… yeah thanks be to God for the great 17 years too. For always being there, and still being there for me today and for eternity.