Saturday, August 07, 2010

SAJC Open House



Image Credit: Ho Sung and Jacqueline from Photographic Society


Our first council project, completed. Signed, sealed, delivered. I believe the preparation team did a massive load of planning prior to the event actually running, which explains why it ran quite smoothly. Kudos to them [the Open House Committee].


And in case you are interested (probably a very unlikely scenario though), here is a brief summary of what went down that day:

1. School tours, a pretty interesting experience. You meet all sorts of people, those who genuinely want to know more about the school, those who just want to take you for a ride [e.g. like myself when I attended the Open House earlier this year, before I was a student at SAJC], and those who came with their really interested parents. I must say I quite enjoyed this part of the Open House, and yes I finally understand why things went the way they did in the Open House which I attended.

2. Principal’s Dialogue. This part of the programme, was honestly, quite sad. And that is all that I shall say.

3. Mass Dance, a flashback to Orientation days. It was a blast doing it, I don’t deny it. Its just that we [the Council] did have a bit of an oversight as to when to place this programme… It ended up being a ‘Finale’, which took place unfortunately when most Saints were busy closing and packing up their CCA booths, such that there were very few Saints left to join in the mass dance. Oh well, its a learning experience I guess.


Next event. Teacher’s Day.