Saturday, October 02, 2010

Design Fabulous

Today, I chanced upon Design Fabulous, a blog written by Andrew Kim, a Canadian product design student. I must say, his work is really awe-inspiring – that despite his young age, he is able to produce top-notch designs/concepts that have the potential of being marketed and being sold well.


One particular concept that I fell in love with was the HTC 1.

designfabulous_htc1concept

HTC 1 | Image Credit: Design Fabulous


Its clean lines, revised interface as well as solid materials all constitute to a product that feels solid, that feels of quality, that feels beautiful and (perhaps even) luxurious. It is obvious that quite a lot of thought went into crafting/devising such a conceptual product, as evident through the numerous sketches and drafts that you can see on the blog page.


Another aspect of this blog that I truly adore is the innumerable (hyperbole) illustrations that fill it. Somehow, I’m very easily swayed by sketches and doodles – I feel that they are a reflection and a product of spontaneous bursts of creativity.

Hmm the writing today seems a little messy. Pardon me, I guess I’m a little sleepy…