Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Contemplation

Every day, each individual is granted 24 hours to live out their life, which works out to be 1440 minutes or 86400 hours daily.


The biggest question is, how we spend this?


God has blessed us with the freedom of choice to use it according to our discretion, but like Paul appropriately puts it, while everything may be permissible, not everything is beneficial. That got me thinking, how exactly am I spending my time?


For starters, I am pretty certain that a lot of it has now been allocated for my studies. Good heavens, this is a far cry from how I was just a year ago. Never before had I so highly prioritised my studies. i wonder if this is truly God’s plan. And with that comes sacrifices – I now have less time for God, for my piano, for my own social life (that is, if I truly even have one).


Then there is Council. Truth be told, it is really a rollercoaster for me – there are many good moments, and there are equally as many low points. More alarming is the amount of time that has to be dedicated to it lately. This week, there are 4 council meetings, one for each day of the working week, with the exception of Friday. It is not really overwhelming (I think) on its own accord, but it is when it has to compete with the upcoming Project Work examination, which has to be religiously prepared.


I feel I’m selling my soul to all the wrong things.

God please help me prioritise my life in a manner pleasing to You.

On a related note, don’t we all wish that time were like Salvador Dali’s The Persistence of Time, flexible and unrestricted?