Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dad

Earlier on, my dad was writing a testimony that he'll be submitting to the church as part of his journey towards baptism, and while he was doing it, I peered over and offered to help him edit it a little. Well that ended up being quite a bit of an edit (in terms of grammar and phrasing - he is from Hong Kong after all, English isn't exactly their lingua franca). Also, I found out a bit about his childhood through that short piece of writing.

But that is not the main point of this body of text. I'm really proud of my dad for finally deciding to accept Christ fully into his life, or at least taking a step in that direction. I won't deny that I myself have doubts about my faith at certain times, but I find it really touching to know that I can truly see how Jesus (or if you're a sceptic, the religious texts) is working in his life. I'm touched. Really. Despite these doubts, I do believe, and I am [insert appropriate word here] that my dad is showing that he'll take his walk with God seriously.