Monday, July 04, 2011

Siesta

siesta


A mid-day nap is common in many warm countries, where post-lunch drowsiness is aggravated by the searing afternoon heat. While the term is Spanish in origin, the phenomenon can be observed worldwide, from Greece to Japan, where it is more commonly referred to as a "power nap"


The question then is, given the benefits of an afternoon nap (greater alertness, increased mental capacity etc.), why do Singaporean establishments still remain adamant in the adoption of such a measure? Is it the pursuit of productivity? That argument however falls flat, given the benefits of a power nap, which, when employed correctly, should produce even better results.


I don't quite know, but I remain hopeful that Singapore will one day shift away from its soulless pragmatism and be a bit more empathetic of the needs of the human spirit.


Does this rant even make any sense?

3 comments

second to the arguement of this post. I need power naps.

thank you, my blog is way too personal compared to yours. Yeap, I am interested in design. Ansen showed me your blog btw. keep up this lovely space :)

by Genevieve on 1:33 AM. #

Haha we all need power naps. Yeah Ansen told me. :) So how'd your application to architecture school go? Is the test hard?

by Sean on 12:41 PM. #

test was just for show I felt. As long as you get the grades, everything doesn't mattter. (I think?

Study hard & I'm sure you'll get in.

by Genevieve on 2:00 AM. #