Monday, August 15, 2011

Minimalissimo

3


0Minimalissimo


4


2


5


1


I don't quite know what spurred me to design this, other than perhaps a little bit of boredom within me. Regardless, I suppose, as amateurish as this attempt may seem, it sums up my design ethos - a bit of the whole "Less is more" from Mies, but not being entirely sterile (i.e. like the work of Vincent Van Duysen). And now allow me to explain the details behind this little pavilion.


Rough, brutal concrete, juxtaposed against the semi-reflective aluminum support shafts, capped with a glossy white ceiling. Austere benches, for contemplation and reflection, and a tall glass wall, to protect against the elements, yet not obscure. Lofty volume, for air circulation, and simple in design, simple enough to be modular.


Comments and criticisms are more than welcome.