Friday, March 02, 2012

The Fruits of My Labour

When you eat the labour of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.

Psalm 128:2


Returning to my alma mater (SAJC) today was quite a surreal encounter - gone was the anticipation of drudgery that used to plague my soul as I trudged through the halls of the school, replaced by an overwhelming sense of nostalgia and anticipation, as I awaited the results of 2 years of work in the company of my friends and former schoolmates.


Unlike some of my friends, there was little nervousness in my spirit - perhaps my mind was preoccupied with the fear of the imminent field camp; perhaps it was because I had seen and felt the grace of God working in my life over the past few weeks, a comforting hand that suggested that there was already a plan for my life ahead. It was wonderful being in the company of the people whom I had studied (to varying degrees of intensity) over the past 2 years; to see our efforts cumulate in this one moment - receiving knowledge of our A-Level results.


General Paper H1 A
Physics H1 B
Literature in English H2 A
Economics H2 A
Mathematics H2 C


To be honest, my feelings are mixed about my results - veering from happiness and disappointment to even a lack of emotion. They are decent, I suppose; I know they pale in comparison to the top scorer of my school, probably to those of my section mates from RI and HCI, but nevertheless they were decent. It was by the grace of God that I did how I did, however there was disappointment - my Math grade. Mathematics was a subject that I had invested quite a significant amount of effort in, it was the only subject that I took up tuition for, heck, I had worked harder on it than I had on Physics (a subject which I was not particularly fond of). And yet I got a C. I don't know, God, you had promised that our labours would be rewarded, especially if we put our trust in you. I'm sorry for that rant, I know that such rants are not only insensitive, but it is reflective of how warped the priorities in my life are (that I'm putting the temporal above the eternal) so forgive me Lord, for I am only human.


I suppose I have nothing more to say, except that my future is really in the hands of God.

One comment

its ok! arch is waiting :)

by Genevieve on 6:22 PM. #