Saturday, September 29, 2012

Incorrigible?

These thoughts were penned on the 17th of September

Every day that I am here, I am not mellowing.

No. Rather, I am increasingly reviled and disgusted by the behavior that some choose to exhibit. Sheer blatant flippancy, crude mannerisms, vulgar speech and gestures (simply for the sake of it - not for the sake of expressing oneself), complete senselessness, indifference and ignorance, bigotry and more (did I mention the objectification of women - this I suspect has much to do with a high-testosterone environment).


Judge not, Sean, for we are all fallen beings.

I too am a fallen being.


It is easy to hinge the label such behavior as the outcome of circumstances that surround an individual. But can we not, but are we not supposed to rise above those?


Sigh.